“Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle”
– Hunter S. Thompson
Touring, sports, cruiser, or roadster . . . there are plenty of types of motorcycles and plenty of people who love them. For some, riding is a passion. For some, just an easy form of transportation. But for everyone, it’s important to have the right coverage. At The Accel Group, we offer affordable motorcycle insurance in Iowa.
Gleaming, sleek, easy to handle, and exciting, motorcycle enthusiasts say they love the lure of the open road. But savvy easy riders know to purchase motorbike insurance. As an independent insurance company, we represent dozens of motorcycle insurance companies. We can shop for the best coverage for you.
Spring is the ideal time to tune up your ride and tune up your insurance.
As winter turns into spring in Iowa, we’ll see more and more motorcyclists out on the road. Iowa is ranked third for our number of motorcycle owners. Roughly one in 18 people in our state own a motorcycle. If you’re one of them, there are four things you need to consider about protecting yourself and your equipment.
The Letter of the Law
Iowa is rather unique as we don’t have a mandatory vehicle insurance law. However, if you’re at fault in an accident, you’re responsible for all injuries and property damage. Can you afford to pay damages if you don’t have insurance?
The Financial and Safety Responsibility Act in Iowa is very specific. If you’ve been in an accident and you don’t have proof or insurance or the financial means to pay for the damage, you will lose your license and registration.
Let the professionals at The Accel Group help protect you and your wallet. Following are the minimum liability coverage amounts for Iowa residents:
- $20,000 for bodily injury liability for one person
- $40,000 for bodily injury liability for more than one person
- $15,000 for property damage liability
For the best protection, our experienced professionals generally recommend higher limits for our clients. In addition to carrying larger liability amounts, many people add collision and comprehensive coverage to their plans. We’ll discuss which types of protection is best for you. Our goal is to provide the best motorcycle insurance in Iowa.
What’s your Style?
One size does not fit all when it comes to motorcyclists. There are as many types of two-wheel enthusiasts as there are types of bread in your local supermarket.
What kind of motorcyclist are you? Do you love racing in the dirt? Did you just receive your motorcycle license? Are you someone who enjoys taking long trips on the highways and bi-ways of the U.S.? Do you use your motorcycle only part of the year? Are you headed to bike rallies in Sturgis or Daytona?
No matter why or how often you swing your leg over your bike, we’ll make sure you have the right type of insurance for your lifestyle. Read on.
We’ve Got You Covered
From wheels to rims and bodies to limbs, we can provide the best insurance coverage for you. A few of the policies we offer include:
- Liability: When you and/or another person is injured in a motorcycle accident, liability coverage pays for a variety of expenses, including hospital and doctor visits, medication, or wages lost from work.
- Collision: After you pay your deductible, your collision policy will pay for an amount up to the current cash value of your motorcycle.
- Comprehensive: From theft to severe weather to unplanned collisions with wild animals, comprehensive motorcycle coverage pays for you to either repair or replace your bike.
- Bike Coverage: If you’ve paid a great deal of money to upgrade or customize your motorcycle, insurance simply makes financial sense. You can purchase insurance to pay for damaged accessories like custom parts and paint, as well as for safety apparel or trailers.
- Roadside Assistance: Riding a motorcycle can be a very solitary experience, which is why most motorcyclists enjoy it so much. However, if you ever find yourself stranded on the road, you’ll appreciate services like towing, fuel delivery, and locksmithing. We’ll customize insurance coverage that fits your needs.
Keep Money in Your Wallet
There are plenty of ways to save on motorcycle insurance in Iowa. If you’re in the market for a new motorcycle, it pays to shop for insurance rates before buying your new wheels.
Just as a Versa costs less than a Viper, motorcycles really range in price. A basic model might start at $8,000 and range up to $25,000 and beyond. If you plan to customize your ride, this will increase the value of your motorcycle even more.
Here are few ways to save additional money on insurance:
- Bundle your motorcycle coverage with other policies you have, like auto or homeowner’s insurance. This multi-policy discount may result in substantial savings.
- Practice safety on the road. Some insurance carriers will offer a discount to drivers who have gone two years without an accident.
- Keep your deductible as high as possible—$1,000 vs. $500—and keep your premium prices lower. With the money you’ll save on premiums, you can set up a rainy day fund.
- Pass an approved safety driving course. Insurers reward you when you take this extra step.
At The Accel Group, we’re an independent insurance agency that represents many individual insurance carriers. As such, we can shop and compare among our providers to pass on the best plan to you. Contact us today for a quote.