Are you a safe driver? Do your children get A’s in school? How is your credit score? Although it may not seem like the answers to these questions could affect insurance rates, they can! Many different factors determine the cost of auto insurance and many different factors determine car insurance discounts. Learn more here about the many different car insurance discounts available to you at The Accel Group.
Choose a Higher Deductible
A deductible is the amount you as the insured driver must pay before the insurance company covers the remaining costs following an accident.
If your car insurance policy includes a high deductible, monthly premiums could be lower.
Choosing a deductible can be difficult; consider these factors when choosing a deductible:
- What are the chances you will be involved in an accident?
- How far/often do you drive? The less miles and time you spend on the road, the less risk of an accident you face.
- How much money do you have saved? If your deductible is larger than your savings account, a low deductible may be a better option.
Take Advantage of Discounts
Insurance companies vary in the type of discounts they offer customers. The Accel Group is dedicated to helping you pay a fair amount for the best car insurance coverage. Do any of these discount opportunities apply to you?
- Good Driving Record Discount– Simply stated, driving the speed limit and avoiding accidents will save you money on car insurance.
- Good Student Driver Discount– Insurance companies take student’s grades into consideration because statistics prove good students are safer, less reckless drivers.
- Defensive Driving Courses– Learning defensive driving techniques through a course will not only keep you and your family safe, but it can also lower your insurance rates.
- Bundling with Home or Renters Insurance– Multi-policy discounts are great for individuals who use the same company for multiple types of insurance coverage.
- Vehicle Safety Features– Insurance companies take the type of car you drive into consideration when determining rates. A car with increased safety features is a great investment for the safety of your family and the price of your insurance.
- Low Mileage Driven– The less you drive, the less risk you pose to an insurance company. If you’ve decreased the amount you drive over the past year, you may be eligible for a low mileage discount.
- Usage-Based Driving Programs– Usage-based driving programs allow auto insurance companies to track driver behaviors and award discounts based on safe driving behaviors.
- Good Credit Score Discount– A good credit score can decrease the amount you pay for car insurance premiums.
- Paying Premium in Full – Paying your premium in full could lower your rate of car insurance.
The Accel Group works with several leading insurance companies to ensure that you receive the best car insurance discounts and coverage options available at prices you can afford.
To check your eligibility for any of the above discounts, or to learn more about working with The Accel Group, please contact us today.